Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nexus One - a week after the CyanogenMod 5.0.6 upgrade

A week after the upgrade to CyanogenMod 5.0.6 just want to add that the result is quite good :
  • the Nexus works well for me, and by that I just say that the CM 5.0.6 upgrade doesn't seem to broke anything ; the Nexus is still faster than before installing the CM5 ; others have been experiment some issues, so don't forget to have a look at CyanogenMod issues
  • the « 3G issue » is still not solved, but the CM5 greatly improves the situation as the N1 jumps far more frequently from 3G to HSPDA with faster page downloads ; it's also a kind of solution : when the N1 stay for too long stuck on « 3G » with nothing else happening, it's time to activate Airplane mode just to reset the chip, then go back to connected mode (de-activate Airplane mode) and refresh the page the N1 stay stuck on before
  • the « screen becoming crazy issue » is still not solved : perhaps it becomes less frequent, but I'm not confident at all in that as I still have the problem after playing with the N1 for some time
  • I want to activate « tethering » with Mac OSX 10.6.3 but I haven't succeed : I certainly have missed something, as it seem's working for others, so more to come on that topic

No comments: