The Nexus state before installing Enomther's TheOfficial ROM :
Here are the detailled steps to install it on a rooted Nexus One.
- connect the Nexus to your computer using the USB cable
- download the resources and check the md5
RADIO UPDATE - 4.06.00.12_7 (from Froyo OTA's)
Stock (Not PreThemed) [ROM] TheOfficial_Nexus1_v2.13.2_update.zip
- Music Resources v2.12.x/2.13.x-release
Stock/Original Update.zip addon for 2.12.x/2.13.x-release
- Camera Resources v2.13.x-release
Original Camera Update.zip - restore for 2.13.x-release
- CMMod Torch w/ DeathRAY! - (just an apk, download and install with 720p kernel)
CMMod Torch w/ DeathRay
- copy the files to the SD card.
You can either mount your phone in USB storage mode (recommended) or use adb tool
The files to be copied to the root of the SD card are :
- ROM :
- MUSIC :
- CAM :
- TORCH :
TheOfficial_Nexus1_Radio_Update_4.06.00.12_7.zipwill be flashed.
- make a Nand backup
- Reboot the Nexus One in bootloader mode : hold down the trackball while you press the power button. Ensure to maintain the trackball hold down until the screens turns to a white screen with 3 green android skating at the bottom of the screen. Ensure that the Nexus One stay connected to the computer via the USB cable.
- on the screen, the BOOTLOADER should be highlighted with blue. press power button
on the new screen, scroll down with the Volume down button to highlight the RECOVERY option. Press the power button.
- the Nexus One reboots and after a few seconds, the screen title with "Android system recovery" appears, with the "Build : RA-nexus-v1.7.0" at the bottom of the screen. The screen should be in cyan instead of green if the Nexus One has already been rooted
- scroll down with the trackball to the "Backup/Restore" menu and press the trackball
- on the new screen "Choose backup/restore item" choose the option "Nand Backup" (the first one) by scrolling down the trackball and press the trackball to select it. The question "Create Nandroid backup?" appears at the bottom of the screen, so press the trackball to confirm as it is stated
- The backup starts, it takes a few seconds to complete. At the end of the backup, the cyan screen is restored. Press Volume down button to return to the previous screen "Android system recovery".
- flash the RADIO
- back to the Android system recovery screen, scroll down to the Flash zip from sdcard item using the trackball. Press the trackball to select
- on the new screen Choose update ZIP file, use the trackball to select the right ZIP file to flash. Start with the RADIO
TheOfficial_Nexus1_Radio_Update_4.06.00.12_7.zip. then press the trackball to start the flashing. Press the trackball again to confirm flashing on the question "Install : TheOfficial_Nexus1_Radio_Update_4.06.00.12_7.zip ?" that appears at the bottom of the screen. The ROM flashing starts and many messages appears on the screen.
- after some time, the message "Install from sdcard complete" appears and you're asked to reboot the phone to write the image on the phone. Press the trackball to proceed
- after some time, you're back to the Android system recovery screen
- from the Android system recovery screen, select the WIPE item using the trackball and press it
- from the new screen "Choose wipe item", highlight the "wipe data/factory reset" item (the first one) and press the trackball once to select it, then press the trackball another time to confirm to proceed as it is asked at the bottom of the screen
- then redo the same steps for the "Wipe cache", "Wipe Dalvik-cache", "Wipe battery stats", "Wipe rotate settings" but don't wipe the "SD:ext partition"
- press VOL-DOWN to return to the Android system recovery screen
- flash the ROM
- highlight the "Flash zip from sdcard" item using the trackball and press the trackball to select the item
- from the "Choose update ZIP file" screen, highlight the "TheOfficial_Nexus1_v2.13.2_update.zip" item and press the trackball to select it. Press the trackball another time to confirm as you're asked to at the bottom of the screen. The flashing starts. At the end of the process, you're back to the Android system recovery screen.
- follow the same steps to flash the MUSIC origmusic_2.12.1.zip
and CAM origcam_2.12.3_kernel_audiomod.zip files. The nexus reboots automatically after fashing each of those files.
After flashing the Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus ROM :